Sunday 10 July 2016

The Beginning....

Every journey

Every story

Every life . . . Has a beginning.

This is mine.



I had my first beautiful son 4 years ago. My life was forever changed at that point. It changed in wonderful, beautiful, exciting and loving ways! But it changed in stressful, exhausting and hard ways too. 3 years later I was blessed with another beautiful person.

Both my boys are happy, healthy, wonderful children who make me laugh, make me explode with love and happiness and smother me in love and kisses.

Both my boys hate sleep, argue, fight bed time and sometimes make me feel like I'm failing them as a mother.

This is my journey. A new journey. My life has changed dramatically over the last 2 months (ill go into that another day). This weekend was a turning point for me, for my family and for our whole life. I had many realisations, some that had to be pointed out to me, others that were staring me in the face the whole time and that I had chosen to ignore.

I need to change the way I live my life, I need to change the way I parent my children and I need to change the way I run my life.

There is nothing wrong with the life I live now, my children are happy and healthy and have everything they need and more. Its more about me, for their sake I need to be a happier mother, a happier person and a happier me.

I start here. I want to share this journey with cyberspace because I'm willing to bet there are others out there feeling as exhausted and overwhelmed as I am. I want them to join me on this journey, I want them to know they are not alone.

This is not a "how to" blog.

This is not a "parenting" blog.

This is a blog about one woman's journey to find herself amongst her life as a mother, my search for a happy heart and a healthy mind.
This is my brutally honest canvas, to share with you my ups and downs. The things that work and the things that fail. To laugh with you on my good days and cry with you on my bad days. We are not alone in our feelings as mothers and if this blog can bring even one mother comfort in the fact that she is not alone, well then it will have served its purpose.

So join me, claim back your mumjo!

a3912253deb3667bd097ab22241f51aea432a3a9e9c67c5605

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the rest of the journey! Well done on taking the first step into cyberspace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Happy to e-meet you. Thanks for linking up with #TeamIBOT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Happy to e-meet you. Thanks for linking up with #TeamIBOT.

    ReplyDelete